This blog was created to serve as an inspiration to all who read it..........to aspire, to love and to live a life of purpose.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Dear NwaVic, I Think My Boyfriend is Having an Affair with His Cousin

Dear NwaVic,

Good day. I need your urgent help(advice). I am in a 2 year old relationship with a serious guy I really love. But the issue is that his female cousin calls him on the phone always. And this happens at odd hours like in the night before my bf goes to bed and early in the morning. Her reasons for calling him at such hours ranges from telling my bf that she wants to sleep or that she has woken up for the day. The cousin calls him about 3 or 4 times per day on a regular basis.  Though my bf said that two of them are fond of each other since he stayed in their house during his final year in school.  My boyfriend once told me that his cousin has once attempted to kiss him when he was living in their house back in the school. He also takes the cousin's call in early morning (like 5am-6am), also in midnight. I am thinking that both of them are having an affair because I don't know how two cousins will be close like this. My boyfriend even said that he cannot avoid the girl since she is his cousin, and at times, the girl will tell him that she misses him. Please, I want you to tell me what to do in this situation because the rate at which they talk on phone is not a reasonable manner with which cousins do relate. The cousin also insisted that she wants to visit him. Please, I need your advice. Thanks very much. 

Sincerely,
Anonymous
Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for writing NwaVic at dearnwavic@gmail.com. You have two possibilities here; incest or lies. Is your boyfriend talking to his blood cousin or his "cousin"? See, that's what you need to find out. Have you met this "cousin"? Can you confirm this cousin's existence from his family member? If you can't, then apparently, someone is lying to you. Your instincts are right- while cousins can be really close, I can't fathom cousins who try to kiss each other and talk first thing in the morning and last thing at night, just to inform each other that they woke up. If so, they are indeed weirdly rare. Your boyfriend has admitted to you that this "cousin" is romantically interested in him. If you've told your boyfriend that their constant unreasonable communication makes you uncomfortable, and he still does nothing about it, then the ball falls in your court. You then have two choices; stay in a relationship with a man who entertains the "possibility" of incest or more disgustingly, could already be partaking in it, or decide you deserve a man with better morale who'll do whatever it takes to make you happy. Take your pick.


NwaVic


No comments: